(Most of) My Past Cosplays

     I've always loved dressing up and sewing since I was little, Halloween is still my favorite holiday even today. I made my first cosplay in 2005. Before this I had only made doll clothing, so this was my first person sized sewing creation. I decided on Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas because it was peak emo era, lol. I spent several hours watching and pausing the movie to study her dress (reference pics on the internet were more limited back than). I sketched out the patterns of the rags that made up her dress. Then I used clean grease rags (the kind that is chopped up old clothing) from my dad's mechanic shop to piece together her dress:

It was created for a Halloween party in 2005 but I finally got to wear it to Anime Weekend in Atlanta (AWA) in 2007. 

    For my first con, AWA 2006, I was Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon and Kid Goku, Dragonball version. Sadly, I have no pics of my original Kid Goku but I cosplayed him again years later and got a pic. Since 2006 I have been to 27 cons and cosplayed several times. Unfortunately, some of my cosplays never got photographed, just like my original Kid Goku or the photos have been lost over the years. Here is a gallery of my cosplays that did get archived for the ages:

Past Cosplays 

The cosplays that I can remember but don't have photos of are:

  • Original Kid Goku 2006
  • humanoid Shenron the dragon 2008
  • Shirakumo from My Hero Academia 2022
If I ever find pics of these I'll post them but the may just be lost to time. 

Thanks for reading and until next time, Thank care of yourself! 

-Ko  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramping up my Cosplay Game!

Creation of my Alastor Cosplay (Alastor 2.0)

Banzaicon & Momocon 2024